This joint effort draws on the most recently published edition of the annually published European Islamophobia report, with the aim of shedding light on the rising levels of Islamophobia in European countries and Spain. The event will, thus, deepen on the many dimensions of Islamophobia and its different expressions, while seeking ways to address the issue and tackle this growing phenomenon.
The panel will count with the participation of Enes Bayraklı, the director of European studies at SETA and co-editor of the European Islamophobia Report, along with Alfonso Casani, Researcher at the Foundation of Islamic Culture (FUNCI), and Carmen Aguilera, author of the Spain chapter of the European Islamophobia Report 2017.
The event will be introduced by Pedro Martínez-Avial, Director of Casa Arabe, and Encarna Gutiérrez, Secretary General of FUNCI.
Attendance is free and open. Please, register at firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. (+34) 91 543 46 73.
- Time:12:00 – 14:00h
- Place: Casa Arabe Institute
- Address: Calle de Alcalá, 62, 28009 Madrid, Spain
RSVPs & FOR DETAILED INFORMATION: Islamic Culture Foundation (FUNCI)
Tel.: (+34) 91 543 46 73
- Moderator: Karim Hauser, Casa Arabe
- Enes Bayraklı, Turkish-German University & SETA Foundation (Turkey)
- Alfonso Casani, University Complutense of Madrid & FUNCI (Spain)
- Carmen Aguilera, University of Granada (Spain)